My world has always felt different. As a child I was shy, withdrawn. It's hard to play the fit in game when you know deep down that you don't.





































Thursday 23 May 2013

The Old Hag

I have tried looking this up on the internet but will only ever find accounts on some ugly old woman tormenting people, trying to suck out their life force and that kind of thing.

My experience with the old hag was different.

In the middle of dreaming weird things as always. I was standing in the middle of the street when a weird feeling came over me. The feeling of something not being right and as if something had invaded my dream that was not meant to be there.
I turned around and a couple of yards away was an old woman. Now for some reason it is hard to remember what she completely looked like.
I remember she had a long flowing dress/skirt on but I knew she was floating off the ground. Eyes shut. Her face was full of love, with a loving smile but covered in wrinkles. Her hair was up in what I believe was a bun.
Her arms were stretched out, as if wanting a hug. The only thing was she struck me with fear. She was slowly floating towards me and the fear I felt was something I hadn't felt for a long while. My body screamed for me to wake up and so I did. 

Now when I was a kid I used to have alot of nightmares, so just as people teach them self's to lucid dream I tough myself  to wake up. Its a nice trick to learn. When a bad dream starts my body and mind will say to me that I'm dreaming and to wake up.


Thinking it was a one off I went back to sleep. A big mistake.

I had been dreaming for a while... from what I remember I was working in a restaurant or something along the lines.
I had to take the rubbish out the back. The bins were next to the door, which I shut behind me as you would, and behind me was a metal fence and it went beside me and attached to the wall of the building I had just came out off.
I was just about to go back inside when I got that feeling again. I looked to my right and there coming towards me was the old hag again... her loving face smiling at me again. Fear coursed though my very soul. And this time I was trapped.

She had come up the ally way through the only way possible. Behind me was a dead end. I quickly tried the door but it was shut. My entire existence screamed at me, what ever would happen if she got me would be a fate worse than death and there would be no-way out.
Once again my body and mind told me to wake up... but something was wrong. No matter how hard I tried it wasn't working. She was getting closer and closer and my body was screaming loader and loader at me. That's when it stopped trying to wake me up the normal way and told me to scream.

My only hope was to scream out load and have my hubby hear. I tried to scream... but no sound came out... not in the dream or in real. I shut my eyes and tried over and over untill this little tiny mouse volume scream came out of my mouth in real and woke me up.

This is the only time I have ever woke up screaming. I stayed awake after that and it took me a while to fall asleep that night cos I was so scared that she would be back.

I have never seen her again and never want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment